A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

It's not only job seekers ...

... who get fed up with the situation. Here's an advert posted in www.jobserve.co.uk:

"Oh well, yet another Project Manager jobad to write - pretty much the same as last time, but a different location... oh well, here goes... Please, please, please can you have a solid background in Project Management, preferably within SAP implementations, ideally with a knowledge of SAP Retail, the SAP Master Data component and generic SAP skills to configuration level (albeit, this is not strictly essential, as long as you have worked on some type of SAP projects). Any experience within the retail or distribution sectors would be ideal (infact, if you have, I may even be pursuaded to buy you a pint) AND FINALLY, good man-management skills, as you will be responsible for both permanent and contract staff within your team. Have I missed anything? oh well, if I have, we can chat about it tomorrow - it's way too late (7:15pm) and I have to go home. Nite all!"

Has he missed anything? Only that 7.15pm is a wussy time to call late in the world of IT.

In case you ask, no, I didn't apply for it as I've had no exposure to SAP.

No comments: