A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Wednesday

What more can I say.

Today I responded to three adverts.

One was for a job advertised by another agency a few days ago (who never got back to me even though they said they would). I eventually got through to this agency but my career gap was a show-stopper. (During my career gap I gained four qualifications and language skills, so I did a bit more than just job hunt and stare at a hospital ceiling. Nevertheless.)

I spoke to the agency who had been handling my application for a job with a company based in Prague. They'd been advertising similar jobs again. Now, they tell that the jobs for which I applied had been filled. But they had some more and sent me the details of one.

In better times I would have told them to forget it. In better times I would have told them to forget it months ago. But the important thing is to get a job and getting a job in Prague would be very good indeed.

I spoke with a couple of other agencies as well. One had forgotten that I don't just do project management so it was good to remind them of my core skills.

No comments: