A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Biting

I measure how good my application techniques are (i.e. c.v. and accompanying email) by the number of "bites" I get.

Well, I call them bites but others may call them responses. But I prefer bites. This is when a recruiter has called me back or responded very positively when I've called them, and probably agreed to put my name forward.

In recent times, because the market is so bad, I aim for one bite for every 10 job applications. That's outrageously low but, unfortunately, realistic.

No comments: