A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wading

Weighted down with the tail-end of a nasty cold (tail-ends, I find, are the worst) I trawled through the job sites.

I managed to apply for one job. In the afternoon I phoned them up and they told me the rate. Well below my getting-out-of-bed rate.

I also phoned the agency in Amsterdam who'd arranged the telephone interview with company in Munich. I had emailed them yesterday and there wasn't anything else to add but I felt I should relay my enthusiasm for the job. Which is totally sincere. In fact, I'll be really hacked off (that's hacked with a capital P) if I don't get the next interview or the job with them.

It's going to be a quiet week on the job hunting front. But I'm too knackered to care. And tomorrow I'll probably be going to London on some private business then seeing a friend who's over from Spain. So, I won't be applying, or even looking, for jobs tomorrow.

No comments: