A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sorted

Although I had a definite interview time for Munich sorted out yesterday, this morning I double checked.

I was concerned that something may have happened to change the date, and as my email system was a bit flaky yesterday I might not have received the message.

I also looked at BA, Lufthansa and Expedia web sites for good deals. They were all going to be close to £200.

But I then looked at lastminute.com. By chosing a package (fly out Wednesday, return Thursday and stay overnight in a hotel) it was much cheaper than a flight on its own. In fact it comes very close to the €250 subsidy. Plus I get a night in Munich.

It's a bit daft that these sorts of packages are cheaper than flights only.

Anyway, now I'm booked. Even better I'll be flying from Gatwick rather than Heathrow which is much better for me (even when BA aren't on strike).

No comments: