A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Manners

Gosh, I don't know, I write about how rude it is for agencies to call me so early in the morning but it's just not getting through.

When I woke up this morning an agency had already left a message on my mobile.

I called them back. During the conversation they asked how the weather was where I was living. I gave a non-committal, non-enthusiastic answer. Well, I didn't want to say I hadn't even got out of bed let alone drawn back the curtains.

The agent was calling about a PM role near Amsterdam. A permanent job paying good money (for Europe) and providing accommodation.

Now, the Munich job is the first job in a long time where I've felt great enthusiasm (or any, really). I so want it.

But there shouldn't be a conflict. Their first interview with this Dutch company would be over the phone. Any subsequent interview would be in Holland. I strongly doubt they would be able to get all that together my Wednesday.

But until I get a job I need to look for a job. And this Dutch job sounded good. So, I sent him two c.v.s: my usual one and a PM-focussed, more traditional one. He can chose which one to send.

What was nice about this call was that I'd last spoken to the agency (and it was another colleague in the agency) in September. A bite, without needing an application.

No comments: