A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Probably a good start

Today I managed to apply for one job. I phoned them up later and they carefully explained why I was in no way suitable.

However I also phoned the agency to whom I sent my c.v. on Friday. They agreed to send my details to their client. A bite.

Also, I had my telephone interview for the job in Munich. It sounds like it went really well, despite me having quite a bad cough/cold. Hopefully they'll progress me to the next step. An on-site interview.

I was a bit surprised that it did go so well. They're looking for someone to project manage developers. This is not something I've done before but it seems I demonstrated sufficient general technical experience as well as transferable skills. Plus I have actually worked with developers before.

I've been thinking about the job the whole weekend and became quite enthusiastic. There may have been that visualisation thing: you start imagining the job in more and more detail and that somehow comes across. Of course, it means greater disappointment if I don't get it, especially if I don't even get to a face-to-face interview.

I guess you can either be enthusiastic or stoical.

1 comment:

Andhyka said...

Hello :)
Nice blog you have.
If you could meet any person in history, who would it be and why?
Stop by my blog if you're willing to answer.
Cheers...