A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Better news

I´m still in Helsinki.

Today I kept forlornly look at my mobile phone. I´ve applied for so many jobs, and my c.v. is so good, that I do expect agencies to call. Even though I´m on holiday and haven´t made any applications (or the resultant phone calls to agencies) in the last few days.

Eventually I gave up looking and went back to my usual activities. Which is doing nothing.

My mobile then rang. When I recovered from the shock I noticed the number displayed started with +31.

Fearlessly I answered the phone. It was the agency to whom I spoke a week or so ago about a PM job in Munich.

The agent was calling again to arrange a telephone interview. Apparently I´d gotten over the HR hurdle - a challenge she apparently doubted could be acheived.

I said when I could and couldn´t do a chat (well, I am on holiday) and she said she´d call be back in 10 minutes.

An hour later she called (and by agency standards this is excellent - even calling back a week later is good in my experience) and said the recruiting manager still seemed keen to talk with me. But she didn´t have a time for me. It's now 2015 in Helsinki, she was phoning from Amsterdam so I reckon she won't call again till tomorrow.

Well it's good news. I can now go back to some more of my holiday. Which is sitting around eating, drinking and er, that's about it.

No comments: