A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Briefly

Today

I spent the morning trawling for jobs but didn't find any to which I could (or wanted to) apply.

In the afternoon I went to Brighton (an hour away) for a haircut.

Well, it is a Monday, which tends to be quiet these days.

It'll also be quiet tomorrow because I'll be spending the day getting ready for the interview on Wednesday. OK, going to Munich isn't a big deal (I used to fly back to Munich many times when I was based there) but I'll need to get a few things sorted out.

Sunday

Managed to squeeze out one job application.

Apart from working on the business (don't bother seeing other blog, I haven't updated it even though a lot is happening) I read up about things for the interview on Wednesday.

As the job is project managing developers I looked up a few things relating to this. Also, I looked at a few notes I made from BCS seminars two years ago. At that time, I was living in London and un-employed so became a bit of a seminar-junky. I even attended a seminar on RUP and UML. At the time it didn't have much relation to my professional interests. But for this job in Munich they might be quite relevant.

From the BCS web site I found the speaker's notes. Very useful. The RUP methodology fits well with PRINCE 2 (I'm a practitioner). I can see how other methodologies (or models, such as the V-model) can also be managed. As a result I don't feel at all phased about managing development projects.

No comments: