A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Made it

Today I applied for one job.

Even though it required strong experience in relocation management, plus banking, I didn't pursue it with a phone call.

I know, I know, I should. But I don't want to get into a stand-off between the Munich job and another job. Gosh, I normally reserve this level of enthusiasm for chocolate cake and blondes.

Although I didn't phone any agencies one did phone me. That's another bite this week not triggered from an application. I'll actually send my updated c.v. on Sunday. This tail-end cold business is tiring me out plus I had to do some business development work as well today.

Oh, and I booked a haircut for Monday.

I can't account for all my time today as a bit of this afternoon seems to have been spent in a near coma. Just so tired.

Still I made it to the end of the week with a respectable seven applications and two bites. And that was despite not hunting for a day (whilst in London) and suffering a fearsome cold/cough.

No comments: