A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

VP

Yesterday I didn't trawl for jobs. The reason included the words "arsed" and also "couldn't".

To make up for it today I applied for a job in Germany, as a vice-president. I actually met all their requirements (including the bit about knowing some German - I'm hoping that doesn't change into having to know the language fluently, we'll see).

It was quite easy to do. Normally I spend ages tailoring my c.v. for each job and writing an appropriate, but brief, covering letter. Of course, I use set phrases, which I keep filed away. Nevertheless, putting them together takes time.

In this case, however, it was much easier. I merely used the c.v. and covering letter I had sent to the Belgian agency on Sunday, making only very minor amendments.

The Belgian recruiter said I had a great c.v. Let's hope the Germans agree.

One application. That'll do.

No comments: