A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Paulaner

I love German beer, especially Bavarian lager, and especially Paulaner.

After my stint in Germany I returned to England but it was a year before I could drink the usual lagers here.

For many years I could only drink Paulaner when I returned to Germany, or visited the expensive alcohol section in Selfridges. And then they stopped stocking it.

Recently it's now on tap in London bars. Fantastic. This probably means I'll now get a job in a part of Germany which doesn't stock it.

Apart from tasting great Bavarian beers don't have any impurities. So the chances of a hangover are greatly reduced. Especially if you take the precuation of drinking some water as well.

Which I did on Friday. Plus, for various reasons, I shouldn't drink too much anyway. One of these reasons is making an ass of myself in front of directors.

So I was okay on Saturday. But I didn't job hunt as it's a long weekend (there's a public holiday in England on Monday). I did, however, do a lot of work on the business plan but, as usual, haven't updated that blog.

No comments: