A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Friday - well the bit after lunch

Last few days I've spent trying to hand-over information and activities to my successor.

But we were called to a meeting with the UK director (equivalent to MD or GM if we used those titles). Didn't know why. Shouldn't matter too much as I'm leaving on Tuesday.

Anyway, he reminded us about the awayday and that they'd mentioned a directors' award there. Well, it had been a long day which culminated in group alcoholism. Though I don't (or rather can't) drink much I drank as much as I could.

So, he reminded us, then told us we'd won the award for our contribution to the office move. Apparently it had gone better than expected. Basically everyone came in on the Monday after the move weekend. And once they had sorted out their new desks they started working, with only a few glitches. I'm not sure what they expected but apparently we exceeded it.

Our prizes were "red letter day" vouchers. I'm actually delighted just to be thanked.

I'm also wondering how I squeeze this into my c.v.

And after work, we went to a bar for my leaving drinks. Not that I was able to buy any as a couple of directors put their cards behind the bar.

No comments: