A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Contractor event

On Wednesday I attended a seminar on contracting held by the North London Branch of the British Computer Society.

I'm actually a committee member of the branch but that may not be for long as I can't be certain if I'll be staying in London.

I arrived late, later than I had warned, as an email server had caused some problems at work.

The seminar was very good. The speakers told how the market was much more bouyant than in recent years. They also mentioned that rates were re-approaching 1999 levels (which were very high indeed).

No comments: