A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Great c.v.

Yesterday I sent my c.v. off for a job I saw advertised in Monster. It was based in Brussels and advertised in English but by a Belgian agency.

Today, they rather surprised me by phoning.

The woman calling me suddenly switched from perfect English to perfect French. Now, this was a "preferably" in the advert. In reality, however, it turned out to be mandatory.

I've written before about agencies who state mandatory requirements as preferences. Don't they read this site?

Pity, she said, as I had a great c.v. which they really liked.

Well, it's a pity but it's also a bite.

No comments: