A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Street walking - a new approach to job hunting

I live in one of the swankier areas of Munich although it's not my favourite part of the city.

A weekend or so ago I was walking back to my flat and round the corner I noticed a company's nameplate. It had a rather unusual, quirky name.

I went home and checked out their web site. Of course it was written in German. Not too much of a problem and I liked what I read. Eventually. They had a straight-forward approach to project management and I like to think I do too.

I found the owner on Xing and tonight sent him a message. Basically it asked if he had any advice or contacts he could recommend to a project manager (me) looking for a new assignment in the city.

Of course, I didn't mention but if his company was looking for a PM then they should consider me.

I'll see what happens.

No comments: