A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Getting through

When I was in Munich many years ago I worked at a very large American company.

I now feel myself being drawn to another large American company.

Before I left Munich for the Xmas holidays I tied to contact a recruiter who works there. I'd seen his details on both Xing and linkedin. He'd even put his mobile number on one of the sites.

In previous weeks, however, there was no answer when I tried to call it.

On a whim I tried again today. He answered.

Good.

But I asked and he confirmed he was on holiday.

Drat.

I gave him no choice: I told him I'd call him when he is back at work (next week). And I have made a note in my calendar to do so.

No comments: