A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

More updating my systems malarky

As you know I updated my Office and Outlook to 2007, from the Microsoft site, ahead of the commercial release.

Very, very good products.

I have, however, recently noticed that my Palm Pilot T3 hasn't updated very well. Initially I didn't pay too much attention as I don't have much need of synchronising during the boring holiday season.

Anyway, today I had a closer look and realised that Palm doesn't sync with Outlook 2007!

OK, so I could buy Chapura's Pocket Mirror (a third party sync package), it costs $30. Or I could wait until Outlook 2007 is officially release in February and hope that Palm have updated their software by then.

Or I could buy a Microsoft Windows PDA.

I'm a little bit tempted. The latest Palm, the TX, doesn't have a vibrate option, something I find very useful.

Not having a good memory I need alerts during the day to go to meetings etc. I like the discrete vibration affect of my T3 (stop sniggering at the back, damnit!).

But my T3 is dying. The Bluetooth no longer works, the slider is now very sensitive and will power the machine off if I touch it and, final straw, the little Palm logo has fallen off the front of the machine.

That's it. I need a replacement. Preferably one that gives a nice trembling sensation in my pockets (look, I've already warned you, get that grin off your face).

No comments: