A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mixed approach

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things (i.e. job hunting things).

When I get home I check out certain job sites on the web.

And I've been collecting Saturday's Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper for the last few months.

I haven't looked at them till now. This evening I seperated the job pages from the rest which went straight into bin (for recycling .... this is Germany).

I'm now going through these job pages looking for companies who might be worth approaching. They may not be recruiting in my skills area, or even in my language (you're reading it now) but there may be a mutual interest.

I then look in openBC (now called Xing) and LinkedIn and see if there's anyone I know who's connected to these companies. Next step is to send them a message.

I'm going to see how this develops.

No comments: