A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Dilemma update

OK, so I've ordered the Digmemo pad (used for keeping a record as you write).

But it's just not enough.

I desperately need a new laptop. And I've set my heart on a Tablet PC.

I was thinking of getting the Toshiba Tecra M7 or the Asus R1F. But something's been holding me back.

The place where I work is a large complex and has shops for its employees. When I visited their computer shop a month ago they had tablets but not Vista Premium compatable ones.

Today, I had the urge to go in. This time they had the latest Tablet PCs including the Fujitsu Siemens T4215.

I've checked the spec and it looks just right. I've also looked at tablet forums on the web and no-one seems to have a bad word about it.

Being me I'll sleep on it but tomorrow I feel a purchase coming on.

There's actually genuine urgency with this now. This evening I removed a USB memory stick from my old laptop. I must have moved the power lead because the laptop switched to its battery.

It took quiet a few anxious minutes to get the thing powered from the mains again.

So no more pfaffing around I need a new laptop, fast.

No comments: