A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Saturday isn't a job hunting day

But I found a site for expats in Finland: www.iesaf.com

It'll be useful both for my job hunting and business building endeavours.

And I re-assembled my computer work station. Typing is much better now as I'm sure you'll have noticed.

To do this I had to clear some space in my room.

I emptied the contents of one large suitcase into a slightly smaller suitcase. I then put this sligthly smaller suitcase into the larger one.

Then I emptied the contents of an Atlantic travel case I mainly use for flights. Into it I put my carry on (soft luggage) bag. Then I put the travel case into a larger Atlantic travel case I also sometimes use. A bag within a case within a case.

Cleared a lot of floor space that way. Just hope I don't need anything from within the cases though - or the cases themselves.

I then used up the cleared floor space with the work station I assembled.

Haven't done any Finnish or XP studying though. It is a bit hot in southern England at the moment (well hot for us pale Brits). Well above my operating temperature.

No comments: