A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Whilst I was away

For my flight to Helsinki I reached Heathrow quite early. I always leave a lot of contingency time for flights. Sometimes I use up all the contingency time and just make the flight. Other times I'm sitting at the airport for a few hours.

This time it was the case of the latter. At the check-in it was suggested that I catch an earlier flight. I nearly agreed but decided that I may as well mooch around the duty frees and look for a book etc.

Just as well. As I was getting my chocolate croissant and tea my mobile rang. It was an agency I'd emailed the day before. We chatted about the role he'd advertised. It turns out it wasn't really right for me but it was good to talk to him anyway.

A few days later, I was emailed by another agency I had contacted - "please give me a call". So I called her on my mobile and we had a chat about the role she'd advertised. The rate wasn't good but okay. She's putting my name forward.

No comments: