A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, July 09, 2004

Friday feeling

This morning I sent off the c.v. to the agency with whom I spoke about a role in Germany yesterday.

I also sent off my c.v. to a couple of other agencies recruiting for specific clients: both permanent roles.

Then in the afternoon I called them. Both were negative. In one case they were negative about my lack of recent experience in team leading (even though I did this for five years). It wasn't personal, they just had to raise the bar as they were getting so many applications.

I don't think I'm going to look for jobs this afternoon. In my experience Friday is a bad day to approach recruiters. It's coming to the end of the week and by Monday they'll have forgotten my details.

No comments: