A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Monday

Applied for one job today and that was a job I saw on Sunday (I didn't send it until I'd rechecked it this morning).

In the afternoon I phoned the agency handling the job. The recruiter actually remembered me. I'd used them a year ago and in fact they were a client of mine a couple of jobs back.

The recruiter thought that my lack of recent small team management may be a problem for the client. Whatever.

Saw an article in the Sunday Times on the pschycological traits of interviewers. I slightly suspect this was puff for during the silly seaon. It was a short piece stating the obvious fact that interviers have traits as much as interviewees. I don't disagree; I've often been interviewed quite badly.

No comments: