A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Scanning

Today I brought a scanner/printer/photocopier device.

Last night I read up (on the www, where else?) about the HP F380.

There were mixed reviews.

Today I went to the shops to buy one. I was just about to make the purchase when I saw an HP C3180 at only €10 more.

Er.

So, I ran out of the shop and found an internet cafe where I spent an hour researching it.

This model has slightly fewer grips on the internet.

Anyway both were cheap. My needs are simple. Scan in receipts for my work (for expenses), maybe print off a few things, maybe, just maybe the odd photocopy. The other important thing is that I wanted it to be small. I don't have much desk space and I have no desire to have a big-ass machine which I will seldom use.

Spent the rest of the day casually setting it up. Not that easy when there aren't any instructions for it written in English.

Anyway, I've checked it out and it seems to work fine.

I've even scanned in the receipt for it as it will be a business expense.

Interestingly, HP have a policy of not including the connection cable to the PC. Now, this thing can work stand-alone, as a photocopier, but then why would you buy a multi-functional device? Buying this cable added €10 (that's seven quid) to the price.

No comments: