A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Found it

When I was in England a few weeks ago I gathered up all the German audio cassettes I could find, and shoved them in my cabin bag.

These cassettes are criminal plays given to me by Fat Frank, a friend of mine who used to work in Germany.

If I'm ever involved in a murder intrigue in Germany I reckon I should be alright.

Except that I couldn't find my Walkman. I looked everywhere. And when I say "everywhere", I mean just a few places in my bedroom.

So, when I returned to Munich I went to the big-ass electrical store to get another Walkman.

"Ein was?"

Apparently you can't get Walkmans these days. At least not the ones that play audio tapes.

As a result the cassettes have been keeping the dust off one of my shelves.

But today I was looking for an instruction guide to my Wifi router and I found my Walkman (and I also found the instruction guide as well).

Er, good.

No comments: