A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bit of a delay

One thing you need to know when you start a new job is where will you be actually working.

I didn't know this. And it would be no use saying go where I was interviewed. Because I was driven by the agency from their office to the client's office.

Another good thing to know is when to start. Some companies start before 9 am (bad ones) and some at 9 am (just about ok ones).

So, I emailed the manager whose contact details I had been given. But my email was bounced by the client's spam filter. I tried again using a different Reply to address (I know, I should have also changed the From address). Same result.

Then my phone rang. It was the manager I had just been trying to email.

By coincidence he wanted to talk to me anyway. He felt it would be better if I started on Wednesday next week as then I'll be able to meet another manager with whom I'll be working.

Very fine with me.

No comments: