A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Dog-free

This morning my Skype made that incoming-call sound as I was getting dressed.

I rushed to my PC but didn't make it in time.

The caller left a message on my Pamela add-in.

It was the agency handling the contract job in Vienna. Their client wanted a telephone interview with me.

I quickly wrote an email telling the agent that I'd call her this afternoon, as I had to shoot.

And indeed I had to leave quickly so I would get to my second attempt at the final interview for the global PM job based in Munich.

I reached the agency in plenty of time so hung around nearby outside. I then bumped into someone with whom I used to work at the last company, here in Munich. He was on a bicycle and is now a student - studying for a PhD in ... outsourcing.

We had a quick chat and then I went into the agency.

No dog this time.

The agents (there was two of them) drove me to their client's office. And I had the interview with the recruiting manager.

The agents also attended the interview which is a first for me.

The interview went very well and I should hear tomorrow.

I actually think I have it in the bag - the recruiting manager said, as he departed, that he hoped we would work together soon.

But ... but if life was like that then life wouldn't be a bitch. And we all know what life is.

So, I wait to hear tomorrow.

When I got home I phoned the other agency about the Vienna job. But didn't get through. Then, she phoned me back but once again I didn't get to my PC in time.

Anyway this time I phoned her right back. I explained the situation and nevertheless we've agreed to have a telephone interview with the organisation in Vienna on Tuesday. If I hear good news tomorrow I'll cancel.

Now going off to a German-conversation group.

No comments: