A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

short weeks

A couple of days ago I was contacted by an agency for a contract job in London requiring a relocation project manager.

Yesterday I called him. At first he didn't remember who I am and then, when he'd seen my c.v., he wasn't sure I had enough relocation experience.

But by talking to him I could indicate the relevant bits in my c.v. As a result he became rather interested and wanted to put my name forward. First he sent a job spec over.

It was rather brief, less than a page (and therefore the shortest one I've ever seen). But it did say it was envisaged that the PM would only be required three days a week.

Actually, that would be fine as long as it payed over the odds and I could still afford to fly back to Munich every week (and keep my flat here, and take a hotel, or apart-hotel in London).

He asked for a rate and so I gave him one, quite a high one but in the circumstances not unreasonable.

I'll see what he says.

No comments: