A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Another bite

My email alert service is working again. That is, I get a text message on my mobile when I'm sent an email.

And I've been using logmein to occassionally look at my home PC whilst at work.

But I logged out of it around 5pm (CET) yesterday.

When I got home there was an email from a contractor agency. For some reason I wasn't alerted to this fact from my email alerter service.

The agency wanted to know if I was interested in a relocation project management assignment in London.

Well, I am, if it pays enough so I can commute from Munich.

I emailed a positive response and will try to call him today.

I'm thinking more and more of getting one of the new Blackberry devices so I receive emails directly on my mobile phone device. A couple of years ago I used one of the original Crackberries but didn't like it too much. For a start I'm left-handed and the design made it very hard for us superior-beings to use it. Also, their Enterprise software seemed a bit unstable.

But now the design has improved. I'll be looking into getting one in a while.

No comments: