A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Oh the bleedin irony

After landing in Heathrow yesterday I took a taxi to the main railway station.

Funnily enough I was driven by a standard issue London taxi driver.

So, we talked. I don't know how he managed it but he didn't once say "hanging's too good for 'em".

He did, however, go on about how London was deteriorating (true by the way) and how he was fed up at all the underhand black market type activity. He might have then said "Innit" but I'm can't remember.

At the station I paid him and he asked if I wanted a receipt. Which I did. He then asked me if I'd like him to fill it in or leave it blank. Fill it in I said (ripping off employers - which in this case is me - or taxpayers - which in this case is also me - isn't something I do).

He did but then gave me another blank receipt for me to fill in as I pleased. A clear example, I think, of underhand-type activity.

No comments: