A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'm in love with a German film star

Actually I'm not although Franka Potenta in Run Lola Run was ...

Anyway, I phoned the agency handling the possible job in Duesseldorf (new readers please note that this is the correct way to spell that city's name if you don't have an umlaut key).

The agent sounded quite enthusiastic but then again he always does, for the last two years.

Seems the client is getting close to finishing their reorganisation and start recruiting big style. Good. And probably they'll recruit for one year fixed term contracts. Even better for me.

Although I'd happily relocate to Germany on a permanent basis a fixed contract gives me a feeling of flexibility. Like, I'd want to return to a rainy, badly constructed country which serves beer in half litres.

I said I'd call him next week. Maybe things are finally improving.

Could any German readers advise me of their language's equivalent of "oink oink flap flap"?

No comments: