A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Notification

I mentioned to my boss, in an email, that I wanted to take a long lunch on Friday.

She replied that this was okay as long as it wasn't for an interview!

Ah.

I went over to chat with her and stressed that I was committed to this assignment until it finishes at the end of May. I also advised her that the interview is a bit of a long shot as I applied for the job over 18 months ago.

I then reiterated that I wouldn't quit this assignment prematurely.

Absolutely. Apart from the fact that a friend recommended me for this job (one who also knows me professionally) this is an interim assignment and that's the deal. So, there's no question of me leaving prematurely unless it was in both sides' interest. Which I doubt.

No comments: