A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

New c.v.

Whilst others send me nine page c.v.s I can still fit in well over a decade's experience into two pages.

I added details of my interim role, condensed further some previous job descriptions and tidied up the formatting.

Although it's been over two months since I last looked at my c.v. the wording is too familiar. It makes proof-reading very difficult.

Compared to most c.v.s I've seen mine should be framed and on display. One thing I'm very keen on is putting nearly all the content into tables. It makes formatting so much neater and, of course, I don't make the tables visible.

I've seen so many c.v.s which don't do this and they look a mess.

No comments: