A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, January 03, 2011

Rubbish

I went to look at my website today.

It's URL is of the format [my initials].eu.com because it would be easier to spell out over the phone.

But I found it was no longer valid.

Apparently it had expired in October even though my account should have automatically renewed from a credit card.

Well this time it hadn't and I wasn't sent a notification.

I emailed the domain company's (123-reg.co.uk) support people. They replied, quite quickly to be fair, that it had expired because there was no valid credit card number.

They didn't explain why I hadn't been contacted about this but did tell me that the domain was still free so I could take it again.

From them? I don't think so.

And thinking about it, I don't need this domain name any more. I now use [my initials].tel, which is even easier to use and has contact links and links to my LinkedIn and Xing pages.

That'll do.

No comments: