A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The German unemployment problem

Look, certain things have been happening in my life recently:

  1. I lose my job
  2. I get the B1 competency exam in German after three exhausting weeks of intensive study
  3. My bird girlfriend visits
  4. The German unemployment office tells me I have to do at least three regular applications
  5. I feel slightly panicked because that is quite difficult for someone who doesn't have fluent German
  6. So the unemployment office sends me on a German B2 course
  7. I feel slightly more panicked because I am already exhausted from learning German
  8. I then re-read the form and it say at least three applications per month

Per month! I thought it was per week.

Even I could do three application per week in this country.

Except this language course is from 8.15am to 3.15pm everyday which makes job hunting quite difficult.


No comments: