A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You've got to call

Yesterday I applied for a job to which I thought I was very well suited.

Today I called the agency and the agent told me he thought I wasn't very well suitable at all.

For that job.

But he was willing to consider me for other jobs.

Ten minutes later he called back. He wanted to consider me for some potential project management positions at his client.

He gave directions on how I should tweak my c.v., I dutifully tweaked, and now the c.v. is going to the client.

From the jaws of rejection comes a bite (not sure that sounds right but you know what I mean).

No comments: