A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Speaking foreign

I've found a global job which requires fluent German.

Crazy in a country which rarely requires you to speak their language (and seems to actively discourage by refusing to speak to you in German).

In fact, this job found me due to my entry in LinkedIn.

It was about a month ago and apparently I ticked all the boxes.

I hadn't heard anything after the phone interview, which had gone very well (the interviewer had said he wanted to speak with me again).

Yesterday I contacted the agency which had arranged the interview. They phoned me back and told me that the job had gone to someone else and the only issue with my details was my lack of German.

Leider.

No comments: