A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More uh oh

A contact I know socially (um, guess that's a friend then), who is a recruitment consultant (does that make them best friend for ever, no really?) contacted me today.

None of her clients want non-German speakers.

And this is in Munich.

Strange. It's like there are people who speak German, on a regular basis, here in Munich (and not just in the Arbeitsamt).

Who'd have thought.

But as I was told today (from a speaker of German in the Arbeitamt) apparently I do speak German.

So maybe this post should be titled "Mehr ach nein".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recruiters just don't have a category for those who grudgingly speak German when pressed to and then afterwards gripe to their girlfriends about how no one in the country speaks English.