A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Running out ...

Last weekend was good because the disruption of the day-long evacuation meant I couldn't do anything.

This weekend wasn't so good. I managed to pfaff effectively yesterday but by today I had run out of excuses.

I've just updated my details on www.linkedin.com. I'm not sure if this site is going to become big. I hope it will.

During the week I attended a seminar held by the British Computer Society. At the end of the talk the chairman asked if anyone was interested in becoming a committee member. I put my hand up and had a very quick chat with him. We would have had a longer chat but I had arranged to see a friend, who I don't get to see very often, immediately afterwards.

When I say "see" I should point out that my double-vision kicked in during the meal. It does this sometimes. It meant I spent most of the evening wondering why my friend had been replaced by a two-headed creature. I didn't mention it to her and I'd appreciate it if - assuming she reads this site - she doesn't read this bit.

No comments: