A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, January 10, 2005

New, improved ...

I was going to do so much on Saturday:

  • study more technology
  • do some project planning work for, er, work
  • update my web site
  • get my suitcases fixed (they wore out in the move)
  • etc
First I went to the gym.

I returned around mid-day and was then told that the street in which I live was being evacuated.

Yes, really.

Some scaffolding for a big construction job a few houses down had started to buckle and was likely to collapse.

All occupants of the area had to leave their homes and their broadband connections.

I was forced to hang out in cafes for the rest of the day. It was actually quite nice as I had to relax.

Around mid-night it was deemed safe enough for occupants to return. But the street is still blocked for traffic.

Well at least I tried.

No comments: