A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

The German question

This week the third in line for the position of head of state was pictured in the newspapers wearing a swastika arm band at a fancy-dress party.

I'm glad my tax-pounds are being so well spent.

Meanwhile one of my colleagues resigned this week to take a job in Frankfurt. Having lived and worked in Germany (and it was mainly work, not living) I wanted to have a chat with him about it.

This caused a little bit of consternation amongst other colleagues. I'm not sure why. After all, it's not like I'm a permanent employee. I'm an interim: parachute in, do the job, eat some bacon rolls, and then off to the next job. Hopefully without an interlude.

No comments: