A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Calm down

OK, today I applied for two jobs. That's not many is it? But it's a 100% increase on yesterday's applications.

I even tried to phone the agency handling the job in Amsterdam (to which I applied yesterday). This involved phoning a Netherland's number and then listening to standard hold music for a while. I gave up.

Now, just because I've only applied for three jobs this week, haven't heard back from the interview last week, or from the six other bites currently outstanding, is nothing to get excited about. Don't write to your MP just yet. It's just the crappy world of job hunting.
Saw this job today:
"My client needs a Project Manager to work on a business change program in a financial environment. You will need to have worked on business projects from end-end with a proven track record in delivering projects on time. Your background must include working in sales and financial environments and the position is very much business orientated so an IT background would not be suitable."
What's wrong with this advert (hint, it's the bit in orange)?
Too difficult. Okay. I saw this advert because it was posted on www.jobserve.com in the, wait for it, IT section.
And another thing. I looked at Blogger's "blogs of note" section. This blog wasn't on it. Why not?

No comments: