A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Big one

Today I applied for one job. That's ok because this week I've applied for 9 jobs and I've one (half) day to go.

JobServe is working fine now so that's an improvement.

I phoned a few recruiters I contacted yesterday and today. One just didn't pick up her god damn phone.

The other did pick up his phone and said he'd call back in 10 minutes, and then today, in half an hour. He didn't. I'll try again tomorrow.

In the afternoon I had to go out. One recruitment agent decided to call whilst I was on the windy streets. He went through a contract PM role in the south west of England. He said he'd get back to me.

Including that one this week I've had two bites.

Big 100

I thought I'd make a special mention when I reached 100 applications since my last role (or rather since I returned from Helsinki and started looking properly). But then I forgot.

So far I've applied for 114 jobs.

I reached 100 applications on 15th September. During that time I had 15 bites and one interview. Which is sadly par for the course these days.

Gym

I managed to go the gym today. I may have strained a muscle, or two, or all of them. Bit tired now.

No comments: