A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Better

After this first interview I went to the City Business Library near Moorgate. I wanted to dig out some information about the second company I was going to see yesterday.

At the libary something remarkable happened. I managed to find out financial information! First time in recent visits that I've achieved this.

I'm keen to make the effort to research companies. It's too easy just to look at their website. When I interview people I ask them what they know about the company. When they reply "well, I've looked at your web site" I'm not impressed.

After that I went to grab a sandwich. Actually it was a duck-in-hoisin-sauce wrap. Probably not important to you, the reader, but very important to me.

I then found the offices of the company, well ahead of time. After this CTR (close target reconaissance) I went to a coffee shop (alright, it was a Starbucks) and had a hot chocolate whilst mugging up on the company.

Returned to offices on time and had a very good interview. This was with the chairman. Very pleasant, very charming. He indicated that I would probably have a second interview. And no mention of competency tests.

So, that was good.

No comments: