A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Even more German, for a while

The manager who interviewed me over the telephone in German called me this morning, before 9am I think.

He asked me if we could have another interview at 8.30pm today. I was actually going to attend a social event but I agreed to this instead and cancelled my attendance at the other one.

My German really isn't very good and it turned out it was to meet over dinner at a rather good Wirthaus not too far away.

Another manager came along and we talked in German for about half an hour or more. The other manager had some rather nuanced question so we had to speak in English then - and after that there was no going back.

Then it got to my income requirements and it becomes quite clear that they couldn't afford me. There were also some other mismatches - although I know how to I don't tend to do the number crunching, detailed planning sides of projects.

So that concluded that although it was a very pleasant conversation as well as being professional and I did mention that I know someone who may be better suited. I will ping them on LinkedIn now.

No comments: