A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Just

The local unemployment agency obliges me to apply for one to three jobs per week.

Right now this seems to be getting a bit harder. This morning I went through 13 pages of job but could apply to none (except the ones to which I had already applied a week or so ago).

Having just closed down the web site I received an email from an agency with an urgent requirement for someone in the PMO field - which I guess I could do.

It's not exactly down my street - in fact it is in a part of Germany I haven't heard of - and it is not exactly what I do - but often I get appropriate jobs from the initial contact anyway - but it still counts as an applications.

No comments: