A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Fit

This morning, alarming close to lunchtime, I had a telephone interview with a VP from the company who is trying to recruit me.

It was a very good interview except for one little thing which will become apparent.

After being asked quite a few questions he asked me if I had any questions. I didn't but I voiced my two main concerns:

Concern no. 1 - I don't have German. Apparently his view was different and that German requirement was in no way required. Hmmm, not sure about that

Concern no. 2 - cultural fit. He laughed and said he noticed that but felt that it would be ok. Ummm, you noticed it, the VP of HR and another manager noticed it, and I noticed it sufficiently to raise it at an interview.

I think there might be a cultural mismatch.

I should have another conference call with another VP soon. Let's see but I really don't think it would be a good idea - for them or for me - to take this as a permanent position.

No comments: