A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Warum?

Yesterday evening I had an interview with a company whose head of recruitment I had met at an IT day run by the local unemployment office.

The interview went well, I think, but it was all in German.

For an hour.

I actually pointed out - in case they hadn't noticed - that my German is a bit poor (this is more or less verbatim) and they replied that they knew I had made quite a few errors (keine Scheisse Sherlock) but that it wasn't a biggie ("keine grosse Sache").

They asked for a summary of my projects which I sent them this morning. It will probably show that my main project skills and experience are mainly in office infrastructure relocation.

No comments: