A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Strange


The company where I interviewed but felt there was no chance because:

  • my German skills are inadequate
  • I don't see - and they don't see either - a cultural fit

Now want me to have conference calls with two VPs.

You can probably hear the alarm bells going off in my head.

Although I would rather create this world-class business (see other blog) in all truth this would be a terrible fit for the reasons given above.

I will talk with them because I am an open-minded panda - and I may agree to take a freelance or interim assignment but right now I think a permanent employment would be wrong for everyone.

In fact, I suspect some desperation on their part. Worse: Germany has a six month probationary period so they could hire me as a permanent as a gap-stop and then simply let me go. Some businesses do that.

Fuck that shit.

No comments: